Ground support equipment (GSE) engineering and document engineering—two of the many specializations that make up today’s Ortec Group—are being developed by Sonovision. A close-up of the dynamic Spanish subsidiary, Sonovision Spain, and its various activities.
Sonovision Spain : Wide-ranging competences, from logistical support to design and calculation
Thanks to its presence in three of Spain’s largest cities—Madrid, Barcelona and Seville—Sonovision Spain covers the entire national territory, and the scope of action of the Ortec Group’s Spanish subsidiary is also very broad. It mainly provides logistical solutions for the aeronautical sector, but it also operates in the transportation, Defense and industrial applications sectors.
More specifically, the major part of Sonovision Spain activities is focused around design studies and calculations in such diverse fields as computer-aided design (CAD), maintenance engineering, technical publications, project engineering translations, and risk management.
Ground support equipment: high value-added customized solutions
- This activity is one of the key strengths of Sonovision Spain and its Madrid business unit, where numerous made-to-measure solutions are developed:
- design and prototyping
- industrialization and manufacture of small to medium-scale production runs
- distribution logistics, with global coverage
- after-sales support (maintenance / spares / repairs / technical support)
- user advice (fleet management, training)
- integrated solutions with documentation and aircraft/equipment maintenance plans
- environmental and regulatory impact assessments.
Although the main focus is on aviation, the GSE business also applies to other sectors, such as rail transportation, Defense and manufacturing.
Sonovision Spain provides its customers with high-quality, high value-added products and services. The knowledge and experience of its 10 engineers and draftspeople is indispensable for meeting the very precise demands of its customers, which include Europe’s leading aircraft maker, for which the Sonovision Spain design office develops customized ground support equipment. In the latest example, the design office worked on a system for storing, handling and transporting the horizontal stabilizers from a medium-haul airliner to a freight aircraft.
Sonovision Spain in a nutshell
- 3 business units, in Madrid, Barcelona and Seville
- 70 people
- 3 main lines of expertise: engineers, draftspersons and designers.